Week #17, November 30, 2016

Hey Mom! I know you want it to go back to summer already but I wish there was some snow here because it is getting hot.  This past week went well having a latino companion.  It was really good practice for my Spanish because I was forced to speak in Spanish the whole time.  Communicating really isn´t a problem but one thing that is hard about learning another language is developing a personality in that language.  Because I can speak and talk to people in Spanish but it just isn´t as fun because you are limited on the ways you can say things and don´t speak like a native.  So it wasn´t awkward because we couldn´t talk, just that is harder to have a personality.

The bread here is very different than bread in the states. In the US everyone just eats sliced bread which isn´t very good and even then people don´t eat bread that often.  But here the world revolves around bread and you eat it for every single meal.  I can´t explain exactly how they are like but they are normal pieces of bread not sliced.  There are also little stores called almacens here that are on every corner where everyone goes daily to buy bread.

Gabriel is doing very good but we did have to change the baptism date to the 10th of December.   And we weren´t able to teach him the law of chastity in our last lesson because we had to talk about some other things first and that ended up taking up all the time.  But we will be teaching it to him this next week so I will let you know how that goes.

One fun thing that happened this week is that we got locked in the church building after a meeting. We had just finished up the meeting and the bishop left before us and we were still inside with Hermano Jaime. The Bishop thought we had the keys with us so he locked the doors on the way out and when we went to leave we were stuck. We tried calling him once we realized we couldn´t get out but he didn´t answer.  We finally were able to get a hold of his wife who let the bishop know and he came back and rescued us.

This past week has been fun and also tough leading the district.  It is a little tougher having to do almost all of the talking and teaching. But the thing that is actually is harder than speaking Spanish is being expected to have the answers and know what to do.  Elder Tocigl left for Las Vegas yesterday and right now we have a week until changes and I will get my permanent companion but for right now I am a little homeless.  Technically my companion is Elder Gomez who works in the office but  he has other work he has to do too, so I kind of just float around to whoever has time.  I am spending a little more time in the mission office and I will be able to see elder Kau a little more this week.

 I hope everything went well in st. George with all the cousins because it sure sounded fun.  And you don´t have to worry about me I don´t think I will have that problem when I get home. I haven´t even got my custom bowling ball yet.  And tell Brookie that they were my friends first. Thank you for all that you do and I love you

Comments