Week #16 November 23, 2016

 This week was a very interesting week on Saturday presedente Gwilliams called us and told us that Elder Kau was getting moved to the office this Tuesday for a transfer right in the middle of the change cycle. This was weird because I was expecting at least another 2 weeks with him. So he left for the the mission office yesterday and my new companion is Elder Tocigl from Santiago Chile.  He is going to be my companion for the next week but he is leaving to go serve in Las Vegas now that he has his visa. This was a surprising change especially because Elder Kau and I have become such good friends.  But I am exciting now to have a Latino companion that will help my Spanish a lot.  And I will be leading the sector now so that will be a great challenge.

(I asked a question about the inactive members) That is very true about a lot of the inactive people here. There are some inactives that were baptized 20-30 years ago but never went to church after that and really don´t know much about the gospel.  Then there are a ton of people who are really nice and know the church is true but don´t go to church or do anything.   A lot of people will just tell us the reason they don´t go the church is because they are lazy.  But they think that this is a good excuse not a problem.   Most of them are very nice people but it can be frustrating when we go and talk to someone and teach someone and they commit to go to church and read the scriptures and then you leave.  And then they never go to church or doing anything different and when you go back nothing has changed.  And this cycle repeats for many people many times.  There are some faithful people who do a lot of good but they are the minority of the members.

It is weird for it to be so hot and be Christmas time. You don´t need to send a water bottle, they gave us one with a filter when we left the CCM.   But of course I don´t use that because the water is fine, it can just taste gross sometimes.

Thanksgiving will be fun with all the cousins!  Yes we can access lds.org on p-days and now at the church.  We definitely don´t have Ipads.

Gabriel is doing well and is progressing well and should be baptized on the 3rd.  I get to teach him and his girlfriend the law of chastity tomorrow so that will be fun. Other then that we don´t have any solid investigators so we are going to have to do a lot of contacting.

(I asked about his Spanish?) It really just depends on the conversation.  A lot of times the gospel themed conversations I can understand pretty much everything but then other times about other things I am lost.

(listing things he is grateful for our thanksgiving book)
*Air conditioning is one thing I am grateful for, it just doesn´t exist here and there has been a couple days that have been between 34-36 degrees Celsius (I don´t know what that is in Fahrenheit but it is really hot.) And it is just spring so i´m scared to see what summer is like.
*Dishwashers are another thing that doesn´t exist here but they don´t really seem that necessary anymore.
 *I´m also grateful for people who are nice when you knock on their door and listen to you. Very few people do that in any part of the world.
*I am also grateful for people that give you water when you ask for water. That is very difficult for some people and I somehow keep ending up with coke.
*I am very grateful for the bread of Chile, probably my favorite part about Chile. I love bread!
*And living in another country really makes you understand the blessing of living in the states . The states are just so rich and it is place everyone wants to make it to someday.  Even though trump is now president it still is an incredible place.

Ok hopefully this make sense  But I definitely think I am improving with my writing length.  My grammar is probably getting worse though. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Austin
 

Comments