Week #4

Everything at the mtc has been going great! Spanish is hard but it is progressing. I can say pretty much everything about the gospel but I am kind of clueless on anything that relates to real life. Last week we went to the Mexico city temple again and last Thursday I taught a real investigator for the first time. We had something called trc which is where members, less active members, or investigators can come and be taught. For this everyone else in our district taught members but one of my teachers had us teacher their brother who agreed to listen to us. His name was Jamie Balderas and he lived in another part of Mexico and we taught him over Skype. The lesson was alright but afterwards I was a little disappointed because I felt we could have done better. Even though our lesson wasn't perfect it still felt good to know that our teacher had the confidence in us for me and my companion be the ones to teach him. While I was disappointed my teacher talked with him latter and Jamie said he felt the spirit and admired us as missionaries even though we didn't speak Spanish very well. The rest of the week went by with the usual classes and study. The mtc has been a great place but soon I will be out in Chile and in the real world. When ever I talk to Latinos about Chile they tell me to get ready for how fast they speak and then they starting singing the song Chileans sing during futbol games. I am loving Spanish and the people and love my mission.
Love elder Austin


Comments