Week #3

Hey! The MTC and each week goes by faster than the last one. There are a lot of classes and a lot of Spanish. I can't wait to be fluent in Spanish and be able to say what I'm thinking.

Last week I got my first hair cut at the mtc and it was a very fun experience. I went into the hair cutting place and there is a Mexican lady who doesn't speak any English. I sat down in the chair and with out saying anything she grabs my head and starts attacking my hair with a razor. She worked at about a 100 miles per hour so the hair cut was down in about 5 minutes. She was also like 4 foot 1 so she couldn't reach my head when I was sitting in the chair so I had to slouch until I was practically laying down in the chair.  It ended up turning out pretty good for a hair cut that was down at 100 miles per hour.

Last Sunday I spoke in church. How they do it in the MTC is that we are all sitting in sacrament meeting and we are all supposed to have prepared talks and then after the sacrament is over the branch president gets up and says we will now hear from... and that person has to get up and give their talk completely in Spanish.  I was called on and spoke on faith and the talk actually went pretty well.

One of my favorite spiritual things at the mtc has been when our district gets to read and discuss the book of Mormon without a teacher.   We all love doing this so much we had a book of Mormon fiesta in our casa last night. We all brought all the food we had out and had fiesta with food and the book of Mormon.

Everything at the MTC has been great I love Spanish and the people and everyday I play soccer with my district. I am excited though to get out and go to Chile.

 Love elder Austin

And they just told me that there is a website called missionarypresent.com and it is a way for people to send packages to the mtc.






Comments