Week #1-First week at Mexico MTC

The first week at the MTC has been a great week. I am loving every minute of the MTC! I am so glad I got to go to the mexico mtc it is a pretty cool place. Driving from the airport to the MTC was pretty cool all I saw was barb wire and graffiti everywhere. The Mexico mtc is like a giant compound in the middle of the city with 16 feet high barb wire fences. I got here the same day as Branson and I see Stubbs and Brady around. The best and most difficult part of the MTC is learning spanish. I am so excited to learn spanish but it is pretty hard. The second day in the mtc they had us teach a first lesson to an investigator completly in spanish. My companion is elder Beard he is from Austin, Texas. He went to a year of college at byu and played the drums in the byu marching band. He is a cool guy and we are doing good together.  The food is a mix of mexican and american food.  We eat all our meals in the cafeteria and the food hasn't been too bad, the hardest part has been only eating at those 3 times.  Everyday we wake up at 6:30am and start classes at 7:00am most of our classes are learning spanish.  Waking up at 6:30 hasn't been to bad it has actually been a lot harder to go to bed at 10:30.Our classes don't end until 9:30pm at night and it is pretty crazy doing productive stuff for that long all day. After a couple days in the mtc I can literally feel all the lazyness I have in me being burnt away. Things are great here and hopefully I can keep getting better at Spanish. We our going to the Mexico City temple in a hour.

Love Elder Austin





Comments