Week #2

Look at last weeks post-week #1-for the pictures he sent last week, I was finally able to post them.   He sent some more this week but they didn't download right and half the picture is cut off?   The only one that worked is the one below (Its with Elder Stubbs a friend from high school who is in the MTC with him getting ready to serve in Mexico)

Hello Everybody! I have loved every minute of my time at the MTC. I love being a missionary and I look forward to everyday, this has helped me wake up at 6:30 every morning. I love learning spanish and being at the CCM (Mexico MTC) where spanish is everywhere around me. Learning another language is very hard but I think I am learning the spanish pretty well. One postive sign that my spanish is coming along is that my companion told me that I was talking in my sleep in spanish last week. While learning spanish has been good it hasn't been without mistakes, I've just been glad they have been with practive investigators. During the begining of one of our lessons we were talking and getting to know an investigator and she asked me if I was married. In spanish the word for married is casado and the word for tired is cansado and I thought she was asking if I was tired (which is a pretty common question to ask a missionary). I replied to her question mas o menos which means so so or kind of. After I said that the investagor burst out laughing because I told her I was kind of married. After she started laughing I realized my mistake. Being tired during the day is also a pretty common day here. We have classes for like 10 straight hours with are only break is getting up to go eat lunch. So you can image my attention span is suffering but every day around 3 or 4 I get so tired and sometimes fall asleep. My goal last week was to not fall asleep once and I started the week out good but fell off tract towards the end of the week. My teacher sometimes brings candy for me to keep me awake so that is nice. I am getting better and I think I will be able to do it this next week. Last week we got to go to the Mexico city temple which was a really great experience. I was great to get out of the compound and go into the real world. At the mexico temple the ran out of headsets for me so I had to do the whole session completly in spanish. I am actually so happy they ran out. Based on my memory of it in english and my limited spanish I was able to understand and do everything in spanish. Overall being an missionary at the CCM has been pretty great. I love my district and they are all really cool people. Thank you all for all the emails and I always appreciate updates of sports and the outside world.
Love Elder Austin


Comments