Week #38 April 26, 2017

Clip from the news on April 25:  A major earthquake of magnitude 7.1 struck off the west coast of Chile on Monday, rocking the capital Santiago and briefly causing alarm along the Pacific Coast but not producing any serious damage.

Hey mom!! I don`t know if I`ll have more experiences with earthquakes than you because I don`t even feel the earthquakes. There were actually two this week the first one was a couple days earlier and I was sleeping through that one and this last one I was in the street and I had no idea and didn`t feel anything.  I think a dog might have been attacking me at that time. But after everyone starting asking if we had felt the earthquake and I had no idea.  What I have heard is that this one was stronger than the last one and lasted longer so I have no idea how I missed it.
 
Yeah it rained a little bit and we gathered the water but they never cut the water. 
No I haven`t got the package yet.  When is josh getting married?  I'm glad everyone has now realized and admits that I was always everyone's favorite. 
Junior is doing good. This past week I feel like I have spend a lot of time with haitianos.  Sunday I was teaching the gospel principles class and a haitian investigator and junior and Bennisiot the ward mission leader got into a animated discussion in creole during the class trying to explain something to the investigator and everyone else just had no idea what was going on. We also have a new hatian lady who is an investigator and she speaks pretty much no Spanish so we went with our hatian ward mission leader and were able to teach her with him translating everything.  All this haitiano and hearing this creole has made me want start learn creole. it would be in between creole and french to be able to communicate with the haitianos and the thing is is that not all haitianos speak french and because it is the language of the schools but not all of them are educated and so they only speak creole and a lot of times the can`t read creole very well. And so it would be hard to learn creole which is more of a spoken language by reading and books which would be how I would be learning.  Its interesting though.
Hopefully my letter makes sense
Thanks for everything

Comments