week #37 April 20, 2017

Nathan's P-day was moved from Wednesday to Thursday this week because of the Chilean Census yesterday.

It was the census yesterday and we had to stay in the house until we were counted and nothing would be open and we had just had that pday a few weeks ago when we had to stay inside so they changed it to today.

It was pretty crazy that I got the stuff returned back in my wallet last week but the story continued this week.   During the week we knocked on someones door and a guy came out and I started to talk and he looked at my tame tag and stopped me and asked me if I had lost my documents, he then told me that he was the guy that had returned the contents of my wallet and we just happened to find him.  He told me that someone had thrown the contents of the wallet in his patio and on one of the papers he found the address and returned the stuff.  We talked to him for a little while and he wasn`t very interested but he was a really nice guy that returned my stuff. 
 
Junior is doing pretty well.  He is still my favorite person to teach.  His spanish is alright,  he has improved a lot since when he got here and spoke nothing.  Its just a lot harder for the haitianos to improve because they don`t have access to the books and other aids that the missionaries and other people have.  But we talk simply and we can teach him but sometimes it is hard for him to communicate himself like he wants.  But he always prays for help to learn spanish so he is doing pretty good.  This past week we taught him about tithing and practice filling out the little paper slip with him.  The hardest part about teaching him about tithing is getting him to understand that after Tithing and fast offerings the other options like book of Mormon (on the tithing slip) are optional and he doesn`t have to pay those. and he probably shouldn`t because he barely has an income to pay tithing. 
 
Things are going really well with Elder topalda.
 
Haha I miss brookie too. It is pretty obvious now that I was always her favorite. 
Are you going to buy another ping pong table? I bet Ryan was pretty upset when he broke it.

Thank you for everything greatest mom in the world, I love you
Love Elder Austin
 
 





 

Comments