Week #36, April 12, 2017

Hi! Thanks for sending me a package you are the best.

It was pretty fun eating Ice cream with junior.  When we got the ice cream I think he recognized it but he just hadn't recognized the word in Spanish or french.  So I think he had tried it but I was not something he has eaten a lot, we brought another haitiano that we had found with us and he didn´t like ice cream.  The good news is is that junior moved from the other side of the ward into our side of the sector so know we get to teach him now and that's great because junior is amazing.  He has been looking for work because he needs a work contract to be able to stay in Chile because his visa ends in like a month and right now he is painting the church building and he is going to get paid from this but he won´t get a contract but now with that money he will at least be able to pay the extension and stay and keep looking for work.

This past week I went on a little vacation for a couple days. another missionary went home in another part of the mission and I was the extra guy in the trio, I went to that ward to be with the other missionary for a couple days. So for 3/4 days this week I was with Elder Mendoza from Colombia in another ward and then Tuesday we went to the changes meeting together and got our new companions.  My new companion is Elder Topalda from Argentina, he is a really cool guy and has a really strong Argentina accent.

Yeah there is a good amount of trash throw everywhere which can be kind of annoying. Ill try and take some more picture I just don't usually walk around with my camera so I don't have it with me during the day.

Coolest thing that happened to me this week.  Last Thursday our lunch in the ward fell through so we had to go buy lunch so we walked to a place to buy lunch and when I went to pay my wallet wasn't in my pocket.  I was pretty sure I had it but we went back to the house after to check to see if it was there and it wasn´t there either so it was gone.  I wasn´t sure how I it got lost but i was pretty sure I had it going to eat and now it was gone.  So while we were at the house we said a prayer and we went back to the food place to go look for it and ask the owner of the place if he had seen it.  There wasn´t a big chance of this happening because this place is on a road where you have a chance of getting your wallet stolen much less having someone return it.  so when walked all the way back to ask and I was so sure we were going to find it but when we went and asked the owner he didn´t tell us anything and he was a Jehovah's wittiness that just wanted to fight with us.  So after that It was gone and there wasn´t a chance of finding it and I was going to have to get a new identification card and new credit cards and everything.  So that happened last Thursday and last night five days later a missionary from the office of the mission called me and told me someone had just dropped the contents of my wallet off at the office.  So today i went and got the stuff and I got everything back expect the actual wallet but someone returned all the important stuff that was inside. 

I hope you have a great week 
Love Elder Austin

Comments