Week #28 Febraury 15, 2017

Yeah valentine`s day is a thing here but it is not like it is celebrated by the general population, just couples.  I haven`t got the package yet but hopefully it gets here soon.

I did watch the Disney movie Moana last week for p-day and that made me thing about Hawaii and Samoa.   I really like Chile a lot but sometimes the trash and barb wire doesn`t feel like me. watching that movie mad me want to go be a beach bum in Hawaii:) 
You would be sooo proud of me if you saw how I eat now.  A chilean salad is just tomatoes with onions and oil and they eat tomatoes with a lot of other things too so I eat tomatoes now.  I actually love peppers too and I cook those with my eggs.  
I already went back into Santiago and finished my visa and this last part was a lot faster. I did send some pictures this week but I will try to take more for this next week. 
Even though we have a little more time pdays we still get the same amount of time to write which is 1 hour and 15 minutes. 
It is still pretty hot here, in march summer should end and it will cool down. 

Yesterday I finished reading the book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time!  It was really cool to read it in Spanish and I think because it was more fun to be reading in another language it helped me focus more while reading and I really got a lot out of it.  I know that the book of Mormon is just as true in Spanish as it is in English.  I think for my studying i`m going to read the book of Mormon again and then probably the new testament.
This week we found an investigator named Franco.  He`s 18 and we found him just knocking and doors and when he answered we started talked to him and found out that he has a good friend that is a member and is planning on going on a mission so we talked to him for a little while and we told him we could explain to him what his friend is going to be doing.  So we set up a appointment with him and then a couple days later taught him for the first time.  We taught him with Luiciano who is the first counselor in our ward and was a missionary just 8 months ago so it was like having a 3rd companion.  The lesson went really well and we gave him a book of Mormon but was the best part was Luiciano got his phone number.  We still have only taught him once but the cool thing is, it that Luiciano has been talking to him and Franco has met a few of the other young guys in the ward so Franco already has a lot of potential. It was great to finally be able to teach a young intelligent person who was interested in listening to us. (it seems like the only people who want to talk to us are drunks and crazy people) 
Thank you mom for everything you do and I love you :) Have a great week 
Love Elder Austin




Comments