Week #26, February 1, 2017

Hey mom. I can`t believe that federer pulled out another grand slam. I think this definitely helps his case as the best of all time.  It will be interesting to see what happens at the french open if nadel is back playing pretty well too.  I hadn`t heard anything about this because the only thing Latinos care about or can play is futbol (soccer).  But I bet  you were pretty excited when he won at 4:30 in the morning.  I wish I could watch that match.

The fires keep burning in Chile but they aren`t too close us and we are surrounded by a lot of people so they couldn`t ever get close.  There is always smoke in the sky though and it is all that anyone talks about because there have been so many fires and everybody has someone close to the fires. 
 
Thanks for all the pictures from Disneyland this week.  It looked liked you guys had a lot of fun especially brookie.  I bet she loved all the big roller coasters. 
 
Right now in our area we don`t have a lot of investigators that have progressed so we are still looking for a lot of new people. My companion has been out for about a year and a half. Last week we went to a meeting where we watched a transmission of the mission rule changes. The rule changes don`t really have much to do with the time we go to bed and wake up, but rather when we do stuff during the day.  Now we plan in the morning instead of at night and have a lot more freedom to schedule when we want to study and do other things.  So we keep waking up at 7:30am and going to bed at 11:30pm like normal- the times just changed when we do things during the day. 
 
I did get your Christmas card this past week, thank you for that.  My mission president`s wife also let me know that she got your card too.  Grandma send me her Christmas card too and with the card she sent me a check. I can`t cash the check here and I don`t really now what to do with it. 
 
 One more thing. If you could get on my Facebook account and make sure all the information is changed to normal stuff and maybe put a few normal recent pictures so that people can find me. thanks
 
This past week I had to go into the center of Santiago to do stuff for my visa. And first off it was terrible because I was waiting in line for like 8-10 hours that day and didn`t even finish all the stuff so we have to go back. But it was worth it because while we were there we went to subway and it was amazing.  It was my first time eating American food from a restaurant here and it tasted great.  Going to the centro is super cool because it is like a different world and everything is super nice. 
Thanks for the email and have a great week.
Love Elder Austin
 

Comments