Week #25 January 25,2017

We got the following letter from his mission President about the fires in Chile.
 
Dear Parents,
                We want to let you know that even though there are many fires right now in Chile, our mission is ok. There are not any fires close by our mission and your children are safe. We are taking the procedures necessary to protect them from the air. The air conditions in this moment are ok, but during times when there are high smoke levels, the missionaries are entering their apartments or the chapels.
Sadly, many of the people in the south, where all the forests are, have been severely affected, and have lost everything. Please remember them in your prayers. In all of Chile, there are donations to help those that are being affected.
Take care!


Hey mom I hope you are enjoying the heat in California because I`m stilling dying in it. Right now there are a bunch of fires all around Chile because of the heat. 

haha I`m glad you got that message from the people from springville. It was a little weird seeing them because they are from so close to home and they are the only gringos I have seen in all my time in Chile.

 Wow the Australian open sounds like it has been a lot of fun so far especially because federer has been doing so good. and you were able to find your new favorite player for when federer retires. Hopefully federer can pull it off, I`m excited to find out what happened. 

I am really liking my new ward and companion. My new ward is a lot different than my old ward. I my old ward there was not a single active person who was between 14-50 years of age so I really liked the ward but It wasn`t as fun with just a bunch of older people. Now in my new ward the are several good youth. There are a couple of guys who are 18 the first counselor in the bishopric just got back from his mission like 7 months ago so there is a good amount of younger people which is a lot of fun. I was beginning to think that it was almost impossible for younger people in chile to be active in the church. This problem has its own but different problems. Here there is no one in the ward eligible to be bishop so our bishops is someone from another ward the they sent to our ward. 

I have been really liking it here though. My new house is good too. I was living alone forever with my companions and now it is fun to finally be in a house with a other companionship. We live with two peruanos and it is a lot of fun and this house has a good area to exercise. I`m still getting to know everything here but I`m excited. Thanks for everything 
Love Elder Austin


Comments