Week #24, January 18, 2017

Hey mom I`m glad you are loving the cold so much because I`m still dying in the heat. Yesterday I got changed out of El Bosque to a different ward. I found out on Thursday and it was a complete surprise because president had already let Elder De leòn know that he would be changed for his last month in the mission so I was assuming that I would be staying with a different companion. But I found out Saturday that I was leaving too and two completely knew missionaries would be coming into the ward. I got changed to the ward Los Raulies which is actually very close to my old ward in the same stake. My new companion is a gringo from Arkansas named Elder Gehring. I`m excited for the new opportunity but I was sad to leave a couple people in El Bosque, mostly Hermano Jamie the ward mission leader and Gabriel.   The cool thing is, is that I know the two new missionaries going to my old ward. It is elder beard my companion in the mtc and Elder Parra who is from our same group and was in the ccm with us, so it is kind of cool to have my friends in my old ward. One thing that happened last week was that we were teaching someone and they asked me to say the prayer in English to finish and I couldn`t do it. I was stumbling around and could think of anything to say and kept switching back to Spanish so it was a struggle. That was a weird experience to have that happen because even though I`m not completely fluent yet I haven`t prayed in English in over 5 months so it was hard.  I do have a lot of pictures this week when I was saying goodbye to all the members in the ward. I love you and thank you for all that you do. Love Elder Austin












I think this is Hermano Jamie






New Companion- Elder Gehring

Comments