Week 19, December 14, 2016

Yes I finally got a permanent companion and he isn´t training and this is the area I have been in so we just have to work together as missionaries.  We speak in all Spanish but I think he understands a little English from being in the mission and being with Gringo companions but I don´t know exactly because we always talk in Spanish.  He has been in the mission for about 21 months so he will be going home soon.

Last week I uploaded some pictures that are shared with you and I sent one of the Christmas tree up.

Last week with Gabriel we went over the baptism interview question with him and he still had a few doubts he wanted to resolve and so we decided to do a fast together to help him decide. On Monday we met with him after the fast and he told us that he wants to be baptized and the baptism is now planned for this Sunday.

A few people have fake trees but there aren´t real trees here. Bowling looked like so much fun! I can´t wait to be bowling again with my custom bowling bowl.  Have they put my name on the high score board yet?  I should have at least my 222 up there.  And my incredible bowling team will probably just have to win the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday league.

For the gingerbread houses they both looked really good but the people who made #1 must really know me so i´m going to have to choose #1.

Yesterday I saw someone playing tennis against a wall in the street here, and he was the first person I have seen playing tennis here so naturally I had to go talk to him. We had a really good conversation and turned into a really good contact.

Oh I remembered a funny story this week
Two nights ago we got attacked by cats in the night. There are a bunch of stray dogs and cats here and they are everywhere.  We sleep with window open and so at like 3 am we woke up and there was a cat in the room and had been in the bed of my companion. We got up scared the cat away and it ran out the window. We were still tired so we just went back to bed. Then at 6am I was half awake and I woke up when another cat jumped in the window crawled over me in bed and ran into the other part of the house.  We had to go chase it down through out the other part of the house. And the cats had torn up the trash and it was all over the floor and then it ran into the study room and couldn´t escape through there and tore up the whole room in the process. We eventually got it out of the house and I am now at war with cats.

You guys also put the Christmas tree in the family room this year. Thanks for everything and I love you.

Comments