Week #60 September 27, 2017

Hey mom thank you for the package I got it this past week and it was perfect especially the creole book because I had just been talking with my comp about learning some creole and now we have something to help us out.  

There are several reasons that I have why the Haitians are so receptive. One is that they are a very religious people and have left their country and their churches with that and now when they arrive here they need a new church to go to. another reason is that they don´t speak spanish fluently so they are a little less confident and don´t reject us right away like that the Chileans that speak spanish. When ever you say hi to a Haitian you can tell that they pause for a second like they aren´t sure if you are going to talk to them. There is a very large number of Haitians here and for most of them the mormon church is something new compared to the Chileans who pretty much every person here has talked to the missionaries at least several times in their lives.  I don´t think they will create Haitian wards or branch because the Haitians need to learn spanish and they would allow them to continue with out learning spanish. 

I think I have grow I little taller I might be 6´2 or it just could be that i´m around short chileans all the time and they tell me that i´m tall

This past sunday our investigator marcos attended church and the ward did a really good job at giving him a warm welcome.  it might just be that they were excited that there was a young, chilean guy with a lot of potential in church.  Marcos has a strong desire to get baptized and now we just have to get him ready and include him in the ward. Emmanuel one of the haitians also attended but he doesn't´t speak very well but it was great that he was there. 

Yeah those have been special changes and it has happened to me quite a few times and it usually happens when some goes home or there are some other changes and other changes have to be made to fill in those spots. and it has just happened to me several times.

Right now the weather is at a point where it still cold during the night but hot during the day.

This pasted sunday our bishop really emphasized to the members that they attend all sessions of the general conference.  I think that is important because a lot of people think that all the sessions of the conference can be 8-10 hours, they see 1 or 2 sessions that are making up the equivalent of the normal sunday meetings.  One thing I have learned to love on the mission is listening to old conference talks and I do it most nights.  But now I am really excited for the general conference because this is new revelation and no one knows what it will be and each session of conference is unique so thats why you have to see them all.

Thansk for your letter and your stories I love you
Love Elder Austin

Comments