Week #56 August 30, 2018




Hi!
Yeah Rodolfo is chileno and really knows the church and the ward but just hasn´t felt confident enough about it to get baptized. But he is super cool and is progressing so something could happen. We did fast with him this sunday. With the haitians things are pretty good. Right now they just do not understand the need to be baptized with the right authority because they have all already been baptized. 

This week something really cool did happen. on Saturday we had just walked out of the chapel and a guy drove by and stopped his car and called us over, he told us he had moved to santiago just a little while ago and had know the church and little bit in his old city and wants to be baptized. We set up an appointment with him and told him about church that sunday.  He never came to church and we thought a little bit that it might be to good to be true, but we went to our appointment with him monday and had a dope lesson with him. His name is marcos and he is 25. 

It is starting to get warmer it is warm in the afternoon but still really cold at night and in the mornings. Winter was too cold for me, its warmer than utah. 

*Responding to my questions- A sister in a ward is from Chile and gave us some sopaipillas (type of food) at a ward event.
Yes sopaipillas are super common especially during winter. There are always a bunch of little carts that sell them on the streets. Do you know from what part of Chile is sister Minon. 

(Is it hard to get up in the morning still?)
No its not really too hard anymore I adjusted pretty fast, It pretty much just depends on get to bed at a good time. 

(He sent a letter home with his trainer who is from our stake, I asked who wrote the letter because the handwriting was so good/neat and not his typical handwriting :)
And I actually wrote the entire letter. I pretty sure I mentioned it to you back way back when i was in the mtc.  I was bored one day so I decided to switch and start writing with my left hand so you probably didn´t recognize it because I was writing with my left hand. I´m glad you were so surprised at the lack of spelling errors. 

I did go to some Dominicans to get my hair cut like two weeks ago, they cut pretty good. The best part about it was that someone finally got all my neck hair.  I think he almost spent more time scraping all hair off my neck then cutting on top. So just that won me over. The are a little more expensive though. 

Thank you for everything I love you so much 
Love elder Austin

Comments