Week #30 March 1, 2017

Hey mom Its good that you guys get to keep enjoy the cold since it is still very hot down here. Watching some good tennis in California sounds amazing.
And Ryan should study geography because that is way cooler than spelling. 
Say hi to brookie for me. She sounds like she is still a pretty spoiled funny girl :) 
Yeah junior is a pretty cool guy. The other missionaries are working to teach him Spanish so he can be a part of the ward and be active when the missionaries leave. I see junior a lot though because he always go to the church to use the wifi to talk to his family in Haiti.  My Spanish is pretty good right now.  I can say what I want to say and understand pretty much everything so it pretty much depends on your definition of fluent.  I still have a lot of work to do to speak like a native speaker but I'm alright.  I am with a gringo right now so we speak a lot of English together which doesn´t really help. 
Yeah Elder Packer came, I was there 
Ok I couple things that happened this week 
Franco was the one investigator the we had the most hope for but like I think I already said he started working so we can´t really do anything with him. He had a lot of potential and we were excited because he had just finished studying so he was going to have a lot of free time but then he found a job :(
There is also this other guy named Lorenzo who is an investigator we have taught a few times and one day we passed by his house and his wife was there and we met her for the first time.  And in Chile the way women greet is by kissing on the cheeks but obviously as missionaries we aren´t really suposse to do that. But that was the first time we were meeting his wife and when I went to greet her she leaned in for the kiss and of course I was super awkward and kind of leaned away. I tried to explain to her that it was a mission rule but she got super offended and didn´t even say hi to my companion and left so she was super mad.  But usually that doesn´t happen usually people understand.
Also this week the water got cut for two days so it was kind of fun showering with a water bottle. 
I am out of time now but I will try to include even for details next week because I know you like that 

Comments